Thursday, November 4, 2010

Preparing for a Genealogy Conference

For those of us who will be attending the 2010 Atlanta Family History Expos next week, I’m sure we’re all busy this week finalizing our travel plans, deciding what to pack, and browsing the syllabi for the conference to determine what classes we will be attending. And for us presenters, even possibly doing last minute tweaks of our presentations.

One thing I do when preparing for a major genealogy conference trip to type planning lists in Microsoft Excel because it enables me to categorize and sort the list so I can make such decisions as what things to pack, what workshops I’d like to attend, or what things I’d like to do such as research or visiting family, friends, or tourist sites in conference area. This same list can also be typed using the Tables feature of a word processing software package in which you can also sort and type in columnar format.

Here are tips from two other bloggers who give invaluable tips about preparing to attend a genealogy conference. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Thank you for the mention! Looking forward to meeting you in Atlanta.