Thursday, September 9, 2010

Find Your Roots Workshop




TWO GREAT WORKSHOPS BY TWO GREAT SCHOLARS
WILL HELP YOU TRACE YOUR FAMILY GENEALOGY !!!


I am pleased to announce a collaborative workshop I will be conducting with Nathan Richardson, Poet, Author, and Literary Consultant, on Saturday, Saturday, September 11, 2010 at the Taste of Suffolk Downtown Street Festival in Suffolk, VA.


Our Collaborative workshop--Find Your Roots will combine Mr. Richardson's workshop "The Spoken WordA history of our oral tradition through poetry song and spirituality" with my workshop, "Finding Your Folks - Instruction on techniques to trace your genealogy through family documents, public records and DNA testing."


The workshop will be held in the SunTrust Bank Conference Room on Main Street.

We will conduct two workshops; one in the morning, 10 am – 1 pm, and a repeat workshop in the afternoon, 2 – 5 pm. BTW, Mr. Richardson and I were recently guests on the TV show, Another View. Click here to watch our TV interview.

1 comment:

Ann Fenton said...

I cannot find anything on James and Elsa Murphy who were born in 1760 and moved from US? to Andover, New Brunswick. Were on of the first families in New Brunswick and they raised 15 children, but as of yet I cannot find even a Baptismal on any of them. They are my 5th Great Grandparents. They were UEL and that is my goal as well. There has to be something out there that has there name on it. I even sent a New Brunswick Certificate Finder over 2 years ago and not a response has ever been received.