The social security application of Uncle Andy B. gives a variety of tidbits about this life.
- Address. Uncle Andy B’s address on St. Nicholas Avenue in December 1936. Hopefully I can find out more about this residence through looking at city directories.
- Parents and Mother’s Maiden Name. The name of his parents although I already knew this information. His mother’s maiden name, however, is listed as “Jefferson”, but records such as the 1870 and 1880 censuses when she was a child as well as her marriage license indicate her maiden name was “Jeffress.” Ironically, the maiden name "Jefferson" is what I was told from family members about Uncle Andy B's mother.
- Name and Address of Employer. I’ll need to do some research on this museum and restaurant.
- Birth year. 1895 is the year indicated on this document. It agrees with the year used on his 1917 military draft registration card, however does not agree with the year given on the 1900 census. Read more about Uncle Andy B’s Age Discrepancy.
- Signature of Uncle Andy B. His signature is also on his military draft registration card.
Stay tuned. . . Coming Up! – Professor Dru Discovers Records Related to Uncle Andy B’s Death.