Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Just Sleeping

On Sunday, July 19, 2009, I visited the Pleasant Shade cemetery in Hampton, VA for several reasons. One was to visit the grave of a relative who had been buried on July 11th. The second reason was to locate the grave sites of sevearal Pair family members, who are believed to be distant cousins of my father's family. After the burial I attended on July 11th, several family members informed me that they noticed the tombstones of some Pairs in this cemetery. I did not see these tombstones, however, through obituary research, I know that members of the Pair family are buried in this cemetery.

Near the grave site I was visiting on Sunday, was this interesting grave marker of Joy E. Jackson, (February 17, 1958 - June 23, 2001.) I do not believe that Joy is a family member, however, her epitaph "Just Sleeping" caught my attention which is the reason I took this photo. Since it was extremely hot during my cemetery visit, I did not stay there long enough to look at similar or other grave markers.

I plan to visit this cemetery again soon during a cooler time.

No comments: