Saturday, November 15, 2008

Barack Obama’s Family Tree

The family tree of President-Elect Barack Obama has diverse branches. He is an example of the cliché that says that “you can’t judge a book by its cover.” When you look at him, you see a tall, light-skinned, African American male. What you don’t see in his physical traits is that he is the product of an American Caucasian woman and an African man from Kenya and that his ancestors came from a sundry of places such as Africa, America, and Europe.

Obama’s election as 44th president of the United States continues the presidential legacy in his family. Obama is a distant cousin of three U.S. presidents -- Harry S Truman, George W. Bush and George Herbert Walker Bush. He is also a distant cousin of Vice President Dick Cheney, as well as actor Brad Pitt.

For more information on Barack Obama’s family tree, visit the following websites.

  • Son of Presidents and Tribal Chiefs
  • Bios of Obama’s Family Members
  • Interactive Obama Family Tree
  • Obama’s Family Tree
  • Graphical View of Obama’s Family Tree
  • 2 comments:

    Cheryle Hoover Davis said...

    What a cool article! My friend, Vickie, is related to Obama via the Dunhams. She was thrilled to follow some of these links you provided!

    Thanks!

    C Bloom said...

    My mother was an Armour, so I did a little research. I found out that Barak and I are 3rd cousins. I have to admit that I cried at my findings. Thank you so much for posting this. What a wonderful thing to be able to pass to my children.